Trouvez des Faits

Prévention de la violence armée, lois sur le contrôle des armes à feu et commerce des armes légères :

Gun Policy News, 23 April 2012

Afrique du Sud

23 April 2012

Times (South Africa)

The SA Police Service is locked in a battle with a union over the removal of firearms from more than 27000 officers found unfit to carry them and the placing of seasoned policemen as security guards. The SA Policing Union made a successful urgent application late last week for an interdict prohibiting Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa and acting national police chief Nhlanhla Mkhwanazi from disarming policemen in all nine provinces who have been declared unfit to handle... (GunPolicy.org)

Lire l'article complet : Times (South Africa)

36056

Ghana

23 April 2012

Joy Online (Ghana)

One hundred and twenty-five thousand illicit guns are in circulation in the country without any form of data or record indicating where and who owns them, according to a baseline study in 2004. According to the report, about 400,000 small arms are in circulation in the country. A little over half of the number 220,000 is in civilian hands. Only 95,000, representing 43.2 per cent, are registered, leaving a significant 56.8 per cent or 125,000 unaccounted for. The... (GunPolicy.org)

Lire l'article complet : Joy Online (Ghana)

36062

Ghana

23 April 2012

Joy Online (Ghana)

A Lecturer at the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Cape Coast, Mr Takyi Akonnor, has charged security institutions in the country to 'step up their game' to convince the citizenry of their safety. Doing so, he said, will assure people that there is no need for them to acquire small arms to protect themselves. Mr Akonnor was speaking in an interview with Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah on Joy FM's Super Morning Show Monday. He was commenting on reports suggesting... (GunPolicy.org)

Lire l'article complet : Joy Online (Ghana)

36063

Inde

23 April 2012

Times of India

DIMAPUR - In a development that will shock the Nagaland police department, a recent raid conducted by 29 Assam Rifles and Dimapur Police has exposed a possible nexus between a police constable and militants. Identified as Enyimi Chakhesang, the constable has allegedly been supplying ammunition from the Police Centre Store, Chumukedima to members of NSCN (IM) Security forces had information that the militants were stocking ammunition at the Sukhovi area and they raided... (GunPolicy.org)

Lire l'article complet : Times of India

36065

Chine,Suède

23 April 2012

Local (Sweden)

Sweden's enterprise minster Annie Lööf has come in for heavy criticism following a blunder about Sweden's arms exports. In an interview broadcast on Saturday on Sveriges Radio (SR), Lööf didn't rule out exporting arms to China – despite an arms embargo having been imposed on the country since 1989. "If we don't export weapons to China, as far as pesticides or other equipment for instance, what consequences would that have," said Lööf on the air. When asked... (GunPolicy.org)

Lire l'article complet : Local (Sweden)

36070