Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Australia. 1996 ‘Mail Order Sales Control.’ Special Firearms Meeting - the 'Nationwide Agreement on Firearms'; Section 10. Canberra: Australasian Police Ministers' Council. 10 May
Mail Order Sales Control
1. All jurisdictions to develop and introduce legislation to ensure that, within their own borders:
- mail order arrangements will apply strictly on a licensed gun dealer to licensed gun dealer basis;
- advertisement of firearms for sale will be prohibited unless the sale is to be conducted by or through a licensed gun dealer;
- the movement of firearms covered by Licence Categories C, D and H will be in accordance with prescribed safety requirements; and
- the commercial transport of ammunition with firearms will be prohibited.
[The APMC Resolutions are also commonly known as the 'National Firearms Agreement,' or NFA].