Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Grenada. 1968 ‘General Provisions as to Grant and Issue of Licences, Certificates and Permits.’ Firearms Act of 1968, Last Amended in 1990; Chapter 105, Part V (Section 29), pp. 24-25. St George's: Ministry of Legal Affairs. 28 September
Grant and Issue of Licences
29. (1) Subject to this section and to sections 28 and 37, the grant of a licence, certificate or permit shall be in the discretion of the appropriate authority.
(2) No licence, certificate or permit shall be granted in relation to a prohibited weapon.1
(3) No licence, certificate or permit shall be granted to a restricted person1 or in relation to any restricted weapon or restricted ammunition except with the prior approval of the Minister:1
Provided that this subsection shall not apply to the grant to any restricted person of a Firearm Disposal Permit.
(4) A Firearm Import Permit, a Firearm User's Licence, a Firearm User's (Special) Permit, a Firearm User's (Employee's) Certificate or a certificate issued under section 20(2)(j) shall be granted by the appropriate authority only if he is satisfied that the applicant has a good reason for importing, purchasing, acquiring or having in his or her possession the firearm or ammunition in respect of which the application is made, and can be permitted to have in his or her possession that firearm or ammunition without danger to the public safety or to the peace:
Provided that such a permit, certificate or licence shall not be granted to a person whom the appropriate authority has reason to believe to be of intemperate habits or unsound mind, or to be for any reason unfit to be entrusted with such a firearm or ammunition.
(5) Subsection (1) shall not apply to the grant of a Firearm Disposal Permit.
(6) A licence or certificate shall not be issued to any person until the appropriate authority is satisfied that the appropriate duty has been paid.
(7) Where the application for a licence or certificate is refused, the applicant may, on the presentation of a certificate to that effect from the appropriate authority, obtain from the Comptroller of Inland Revenue a refund of the duty paid in respect of that application.