Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
State of Nebraska. 2012 ‘Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-1206(1), etc..’ Firearms Law Database - Prohibited Purchasers Generally in Nebraska. San Francisco, CA: Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. 3 January
Prohibited Purchasers Generally in Nebraska
Federal law prohibits certain persons from purchasing or possessing firearms, such as felons, certain domestic abusers, and certain people with a history of mental illness.
Similarly, Nebraska prohibits the following persons from possessing firearms:
- A convicted felon;
- A fugitive from justice;
- Any person subject to a current domestic violence protection order and in knowing violation of that order; or
- Any person convicted within the past seven years of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
Nebraska has no laws preventing the purchase or possession of firearms by:
- Violent misdemeanants (other than those convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor);
- Persons with mental illness;
- Drug or alcohol abusers; or
- Juvenile offenders…