Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Estonia. 2002 ‘Storage of Weapons and Ammunition of Legal Persons.’ Weapons Act (Riigi Teataja I 2001, 65, 377) [with amendments to June 2004]; Section 47 (Chapter 6). Tallinn: Riigi Teataja (State Gazette). 31 March
§ 47. Storage of Weapons and Ammunition of Legal Persons
(1) A legal person shall have a weapons storage room for the storage of firearms and ammunition.
(2) In a weapons storage room, weapons shall be stored in weapons safes which contain a list of the weapons stored in the safe on the inside of the safe door.
(3) Ammunition shall be stored in a steel cabinet located separately from the weapons or in a separate lockable compartment of a weapons safe.
(4) Gas weapon shall be stored in a weapons safe, a lockable drawer or a locker.
(5) A weapons storage room is not required for the storage of up to eight weapons (inclusive). In such case, the weapons safe shall be located in a room equipped with an electronic security device which is switched on when the person responsible is not in the room. The door of the room shall be made of sheet steel or covered with sheet metal and it shall have at least two locks. The windows of the room shall be fitted with bars or made of safety glass.
(6) Police prefectures shall inspect the compliance of legal persons with the storage requirements for weapons and ammunition at least twice a year. A report concerning the results of inspection shall be prepared in two original copies of which one shall be given to the inspected person and the other shall be annexed to the weapon register book.