Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Estonia. 2002 ‘General Requirements for Storage of Weapons or Ammunition.’ Weapons Act (Riigi Teataja I 2001, 65, 377) [with amendments to June 2004]; Section 45 (Chapter 6). Tallinn: Riigi Teataja (State Gazette). 31 March
§ 45. General Requirements for Storage of Weapons or Ammunition
(1) Weapons and ammunition may be stored by a person who holds a weapons permit or an activity licence for the manufacture, sale, repair, conversion or storage of weapons and ammunition as a service.
(2) Weapons and ammunition shall be stored in conditions which ensure their preservation and that they do not pose a danger to the surroundings and which preclude access by unauthorised persons.
(3) Firearms may be stored only in an unloaded state.
(4) Weapons and ammunition may be stored at the residence of a natural person, in a weapons storage room belonging to or hired by a legal person or deposited for storage with a person who holds an activity licence for the storage of weapons or ammunition as a service.
(5) The deposit of weapons and ammunition with another person shall be formalised by an instrument of delivery and receipt prepared in three original copies of which the first shall be sent to the police prefecture in order to be preserved in the weapon register book, the second shall be retained by the depositor and the third shall be retained by the depositary.
(6) Owners or possessors of weapons are required to notify a police prefecture promptly of each case of loss or destruction of a weapon.