Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Estonia. 2002 ‘Types of Weapons Permitted for Estonian Citizens.’ Weapons Act (Riigi Teataja I 2001, 65, 377) [with amendments to June 2004]; Section 29 (Chapter 5). Tallinn: Riigi Teataja (State Gazette). 31 March
§ 29. Types of Weapons Permitted for Estonian Citizens
(1) An Estonian citizen may acquire, own and possess the following types of weapons:
1) a person who is at least 18 years of age may own a sporting firearm, pneumatic or gas weapon, crossbow or smoothbore gun. Such person may acquire and own a hunting gun with a rifled barrel or a combination hunting gun on the condition that he or she holds a hunting certificate;
2) a person of at least 21 years of age may acquire, own and possess all weapons which are permitted to be used for civilian purposes, except for truncheons.
(2) A sporting firearm is a firearm intended to be used in internationally recognised sports involving shooting.
(3) A hunting gun is a gun with a smoothbore or rifled barrel or a combination gun intended mainly for hunting.