Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library

International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala (CICIG). 2009 ‘Firearms in the National Post-Conflict Context (Armas de Fuego en el Contexto Nacional Post-Conflicto).’ Firearms and Ammunition in Guatemala (Armas de Fuego y Municiones en Guatemala), pp. 4-5. Guatemala City: International Commision against Impunity in Guatemala (Comisión Internacional Contra la Impunidad en Guatemala - CICIG). 1 December

Relevant contents

Las Armas de Fuego en el Contexto Nacional Post-Conflicto

Hasta la fecha de elaboración del presente Informe, el año 2008 podía ser catalogado como el año más violento de la historia de Guatemala. La tasa de muertes violentas alcanzó un índice de 46 por cada 100,000 habitantes. Fallecieron violentamente 6,292 personas, y de ellas, el 83.2% murió por arma de fuego; el 89.1% fueron hombres y el restante 10.9% mujeres.

++++

Translated content:

Firearms in the National Post-Conflict Context

Up until the date this report was written, the year 2008 could be classified as the most violent one in the history of Guatemala. The rate of violent deaths reached 46 per 100,000 people. 6,292 persons were killed and of these, 83.2% were killed with a gun; 89.1% of the victims were men and the remaining 10.9% were women.

ID: Q5470

As many publishers change their links and archive their pages, the full-text version of this article may no longer be available from the original link. In this case, please go to the publisher's web site or use a search engine.