Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Malaysia. 1960 ‘Licences to Deal in and Repair Arms and Ammunition (Record Keeping).’ Laws of Malaysia, Act 206, Arms Act 1960 [Act as of January 2006]; Part II (Section 9). Kuala Lumpur: The Commissioner of Law Revision, Malaysia. 1 January
Licences to Deal in and Repair Arms and Ammunition [Record Keeping]
9. (9) The particulars of every licence granted under this section shall be entered in a register which shall be kept by the Chief Police Officer or the Minister, as the case may be, and in such form and manner and at such place as may be prescribed.
(10) A licensed dealer or licensed repairer shall keep such books and records in such manner and containing such particulars as may be prescribed, and shall on demand produce the same for the inspection of any police officer of or above the rank of sergeant at such place or time as the police officer may reasonably require.
(11) A licensed dealer or licensed repairer shall make such returns, containing such particulars and made at such dates and in such manner to the Chief Police Officer of the State in which his place of business is situate, as may be prescribed:
Provided that where the licence to deal or licence to repair is granted by the Minister, such returns shall be made to the Minister.
(12) A licensed dealer or licensed repairer who —
(a) carries on business in arms or ammunition;
(b) sells or transfers by way of trade or business any arms or ammunition;
(c) keeps or exposes for sale or transfer any arms or ammunition; or
(d) repairs or has in his possession, custody or control for repair any arms or ammunition, at any place other than a place in respect of which he holds a licence under this section shall, on conviction, for each such offence be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to a fine not exceeding one thousand ringgit, or to both.
(13) Any licensed dealer or licensed repairer who fails to comply with any condition or to observe any restriction subject to which the dealer's or repairer's licence is held by him shall, on conviction, be liable in respect of each such offence to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or to a fine not exceeding one thousand ringgit, or to both.
(14) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) shall, on conviction, be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years, or to a fine not exceeding ten thousand ringgit, or to both.