Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Africa. 2000 ‘Temporary Authorisation to Display Firearms and Ammunition on Premises Other Than Those Specified in Manufacturer's Licence.’ Firearms Control Act 2000; Chapter 7 (Part 2), p. 22. Cape Town: Parliament of the Republic of South Africa. 1 January
Temporary Authorisation to Display Firearms and Ammunition on Premises Other Than Those Specified in Manufacturer's Licence
50. (1) The Registrar may issue a temporary authorisation to a manufacturer to display firearms and ammunition at premises other than those specified in the manufacturer's licence.
(2) The Minister may prescribe conditions which the Registrar may impose on a manufacturer in respect of a temporary authorisation issued in terms of this section.
(3) A temporary authorisation to display firearms and ammunition must specify —
(a) the premises in respect of which it is issued;
(b) the period for which it is issued; and
(c) any conditions subject to which it is issued.
(4) The Registrar may at any time, by written notice, withdraw an authorisation issued in terms of this section.
(5) The Office of the Central Firearms Register must keep a record of prescribed
information in respect of all authorisations issued in terms of this section.
(6) A manufacturer to whom a temporary authorisation has been issued must comply
with the requirements of subsection (3).