Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
St Lucia. 2003 ‘Firearm Dealer Licence.’ Saint Lucia Firearms Act No.9 of 2003; Part III (Section 15). Castries: House of Assembly and the Senate of Saint Lucia. 20 January
Firearm Dealer Licence
15.—(1) In accordance with section 4 —
(a)a person who is desirous of carrying on business or conducting trade as a dealer in firearms or ammunition may apply to the appropriate authority for a firearm dealer licence; and
(b) the appropriate authority may grant the firearm dealer licence.
(2) The provisions of section 4(6) shall not apply in the case of an application for a firearm dealer licence.
(3) A firearm dealer licence authorises the holder to import, deal in, repair, test, prove and sell firearms and ammunition (not being prohibited weapons) in the ordinary course of business in accordance with the terms of such licence at a place specified in the licence.
(4) A firearm dealer shall keep a register of transactions setting out
(a) the quantities and descriptions of firearms and ammunition purchased or acquired with the makes and addresses of the sellers or transferors and the dates of the several transactions;
(b) the quantities and descriptions of firearms and ammunition accepted for sale, repair, test, proof, cleaning, storage, destruction or other purpose, with the names and addresses of the transferors and the dates of the several transactions;
(c) the quantities and description of firearms and ammunition sold and transferred with the names and addresses of the purchasers and transferees (except in cases where the purchasers are transferees), and the dates of the several transactions;
(d) particulars of all firearms and ammunition acquired by him or her.
(5) A firearm dealer shall forward to the appropriate authority every three months, a true extract of the register kept under subsection (4) in respect of all transactions entered during the preceding month, or, if there were no such transactions, a statement to that effect.
(6) A firearm dealer shall produce for inspection the book of entries specified in subsection (4) on request by a police officer or other authorised officer.
(7) The holder of a a firearm dealer licence shall not deal in firearms or ammunition except at the premises specified in his or her firearm dealer licence.
(8) A person who fails to comply with the provisions of this section commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of not less than twenty thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term of not less than seven years or to both.
(9) A firearm dealer licence shall be in the form prescribed.