Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
St Lucia. 2003 ‘Firearm User Licence.’ Saint Lucia Firearms Act No.9 of 2003; Part III (Section 13). Castries: House of Assembly and the Senate of Saint Lucia. 20 January
Firearm User Licence
13.—(1) In accordance with section 4 -
(a) a person desirous of using, carrying, possessing, purchasing or acquiring a firearm or ammunition may apply to the appropriate authority for a firearm user licence; and
(b) the appropriate authority may grant the firearm user licence;
(2) A firearm user licence authorises the holder to use, possess, purchase or acquire in accordance with the terms thereof, the firearm or ammunition identified or defined in the firearm user licence.
(3) The appropriate authority may on the application of the holder of a firearm user licence, authorise any person specified by the holder to carry or use the firearm or ammunition to, from or on premises belonging to the holder and the names of such persons (hereinafter referred to as authorised persons") shall be endorsed on the firearm user licence.
(4) The appropriate authority shall not endorse a firearm user licence under subsection (2) unless satisfied that the authorised person or persons have adequate proficiency in the use and management of the firearm or ammunition to which the firearm user licence relates.
(5) The holder of a firearm user licence may on application to the appropriate authority have the licence amended by replacing the names of authorised persons endorsed thereon.
(6) The appropriate authority shall issue and sign a certificate stating that an authorised person or persons named is entitled to carry or use such firearm or ammunition to which the firearm user licence relates and the duration of such entitlement.
(7) The authorised person or persons shall produce such certificate at the request of the police officer or other authorised officer.
(8) A firearm user licence shall be in the form prescribed.