Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Dominica. 1973 ‘General Provisions as to Grant and Issue of Licences, Certificates and Permits.’ Laws of Dominica, Firearms Act, Chapter 15:31, Act No.37 of 1973 [with Amendments to 1990]; Part II (Section 17). Roseau: Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 25 October
General Provisions as to Grant and Issue of Licences, Certificates and Permits
17. (1) Subject to this section and to section 16, the grant of any licence, certificate or permit shall be in the discretion of the Commissioner.
(2) No licence, certificate or permit shall be granted in relation to any prohibited weapon.
(3) No licence, certificate or permit other than a firearm disposal permit shall be granted to or held by a restricted person except with the prior permission of the Minister.
(4) A firearm import permit, a firearm user's licence or a firearm user's (employee's) certificate shall be granted by the Commissioner only if he is satisfied that the applicant has a good reason for importing, purchasing, acquiring or having in his possession the firearm or ammunition in respect of which the application is made, and can be permitted to have in his possession that firearm or ammunition without danger to the public safety or to the peace; so, however, that such a permit, certificate or licence shall not be granted to a person whom the Commissioner has reason to believe to be of intemperate habits or unsound mind or to be for any reason unfit to be entrusted with such a firearm or ammunition.
(5) A licence or certificate shall not be issued to any person until the appropriate fee has been paid.
(6) A licence shall remain in force until revoked or otherwise terminated.