Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Macedonia. 2005 ‘Article 9.’ Draft Law on Weapons; Section II (Article 9). Skopje: Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia. 8 February
Permission for purchasing of weapon to physical person is issued upon previous personal submitted request for issuing permission to purchase weapon, if the physical person fulfills the following conditions:
1. has over 18 year of age;
2. if his working ability is not taken or limited;
3. if he is healthy able to possess and carry weapon;
4. does nor represent danger for law and order;
5. has justified reason to purchase weapon;
6. has technical knowledge for proper use, keeping and maintaining the weapon and knows the regulations for weapons;
7. has a permanent living address in the territory of Republic of Macedonia, and if he is a stranger he should have verified stay in the territory of Republic of Macedonia, unless if with an international agreement is defined other way.
Permission for purchasing of hunting weapon is issued to a physical person that beside conditions of paragraph 1 of this article should be active member of hunting association and to have passed hunting exam.
[According to the Republic of Macedonia's 2009 Report on the Implementation of the UN Programme of Action on Small Arms and Light Weapons, these draft provisions were adopted by the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia on 8 February 2005. The Law was amended three times in 2006, 2007, and 2008, and published in the Official Gazette RM 47/2006, 42/2007, and 86/2008]