Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Australia. 1977 ‘Disposal of Forfeited or Surrendered Firearms, etc..’ Firearms Act 1977 (Version: 7.2.2014); Section 35 (Part 5). Adelaide: Parliament of South Australia. 12 May
35. Disposal of forfeited or surrendered firearms, etc.
(1) The Registrar may sell or otherwise dispose of a firearm, mechanism, fitting or ammunition forfeited to the Crown under this or any other Act.
(2) Subject to this Act and the regulations, the Registrar may sell or otherwise dispose of a firearm, mechanism, fitting or ammunition surrendered to the Registrar.
(3) Where a court makes an order confiscating a firearm to the custody of the Registrar but does not make an order as to the manner in which the firearm should be disposed of or dealt with, the Registrar must, subject to a further order of the court or the order of any other court, keep the firearm for one year and must then sell or otherwise dispose of it as he or she thinks fit.
(4) Subject to this Act and the regulations, the proceeds of the sale or disposal of a firearm under this section must be paid into the Consolidated Account….