Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Northern Territory. 1997 ‘Prohibited Firearms.’ Firearms Act 1997 (Reprint, as in force at 1 May 2016); Schedule 1. Darwin: Northern Territory Government. 13 March
1. A machine gun, sub-machine gun or other firearm capable of propelling projectiles in rapid succession during one pressure of the trigger.
2. A self-loading rimfire rifle (including such a firearm described elsewhere in this Schedule).
3. A self-loading centre-fire rifle (including such a firearm described elsewhere in this Schedule).
4. A self-loading or pump action shotgun (including such a firearm described elsewhere in this Schedule).
5. A self-loading centre-fire rifle of a kind that is designed or adapted for military purposes.
6. A self-loading shotgun of a kind that is designed or adapted for military purposes.
7. A firearm that substantially duplicates in appearance (regardless of calibre or manner of operation) a firearm referred to in item 1, 5 or 6.
8. A shotgun fitted with or designed to be fitted with a drum magazine of the "Striker 12" assault shotgun type or any similar weapon.
9. A firearm to which there is attached an article or device capable of muffling, reducing or stopping the noise created by firing the firearm.
10. A firearm, not being a pistol, fitted with a stock that is specially designed so as to be readily detachable, or to operate on a swivel, folding or telescopic basis.
11. A firearm made up in the form of a stylographic or propelling pen or pencil, capable of being used for the discharge of gas, bullets, shot, dye or pyrotechnic flares.
12. A firearm capable of discharging, in any way:
(a) an irritant matter in liquid, powder, gas or chemical form; or
(b) a pyrotechnic flare or dye, other than a distress signal device.
13. A firearm that substantially duplicates in appearance a walking stick or walking cane.
14. A cannon or other weapon by whatever name known of a type that will expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, and that has a barrel with a bore in excess of 10 gauge.
15. A firearm or part that has a dimension less than the minimum dimension prescribed for the firearm or part.