Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Yemen. 1992 ‘Holding, Carrying and Trading in Firearms.’ Law No (40) of 1992 on Regulating Carrying Firearms & Ammunitions and Their Trade; Article 21. Sana'a: Ministry of Interior, General Department of Legal Affairs. Translation commissioned by the Yemen Armed Violence Assessment / YAVA. 30 May
The licenses stated in this law may not be granted to the following persons:
1. Who is younger than 18 years old.
2. Who has been convicted in a serious crime or imprisonment of no less than 7 months in one of the crimes of assault to a human being, money or honor, as well as who has been convicted twice no matter what is the sentence served in any of these crimes if they occur within one year.
3. Who has been convicted for and sentenced for a crime that he used a firearm when committing it.
4. The persons proven to be drinking, intoxicants users and users of dangerous drugs.
5. Persons that have a mental or psychological disability or who have had this disability before.