Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Trinidad and Tobago. 1971 ‘Records and Returns.’ Firearms Act, Chapter 16:01, Revised Edition 2011; Chapter 16:01, Act 44 (Section 26), pp. 29-30. Port of Spain: Ministry of Legal Affairs. 1 January
Records and Returns [Last amended by Act 2 of 2011]
26. (1) Every licensed dealer shall provide and keep a register of transactions and shall enter or cause to be entered therein such particulars as may be prescribed of all transactions relating to his business as a licensed dealer.
(2) Every such entry shall be made within twenty-four, hours after the transaction to which it relates took place, and, in the case of a sale or transfer, every such licensed dealer shall at the time of the transaction require the purchaser or transferee, if not known to him, to furnish particulars sufficient for identification, and shall immediately enter the said particulars in the register.
(3) Every such licensed dealer shall on demand allow any police officer duly authorised in writing in that behalf by the Commissioner of Police or any police officer of or above the rank of Inspector to enter and inspect all stock in hand and shall on request by—
(a) any police officer duly authorised in writing in that behalf by the Commissioner; or
(b) an officer of Customs; or
(c) any police officer above the rank of Inspector,
produce for inspection the register required to be kept under subsection (1), but so that any written authority required by this subsection shall be produced on demand….
(5) Every person who contravenes this section or knowingly makes any false entry in the register required to be kept under subsection (1) is guilty of an offence…
(7) In this section "licensed dealer" means the holder of a Firearm Dealer's Licence or a Gunsmith's Licence.