Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Finland. 2010 ‘Approved Purposes of Use - Firearms.’ Finnish Police web site (www.poliisi.fi). Helsinki: Finnish Police. 1 January
Approved purposes of use
A firearm acquisition permit may be granted only if it is to be acquired for an approved purpose.
Approved purposes of use are:
- shooting of animals as permitted by hunting legislation
- shooting competitions and other target shooting
- work in which a firearm is necessary
- demonstration, filming or other similar presentation
- keeping in a museum or collection
- keeping as a memento
A permit may only be granted for a firearm or firearm component that is well suited for the purpose given by the applicant and is not excessively powerful or destructive.