Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Macedonia. 2005 ‘Article 54.’ Republic of Macedonia Law on Arms 2005 (Amended April 2007); Section VII (Article 54). Skopje: Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia. 8 February
For the transport of arms, an approval from the Minister of Internal Affairs is required.
The transport from Paragraph 1 of this article is carried out by trading companies that carry out the activity of transport of persons and goods.
The transporter submits a request for issuance of the approval from Paragraph 1 of this article within 24 hours the latest, prior to the commencement of the transport, which contains the following:
- title and headquarters, or personal name and address of the sender, transporter and the recipient;
- title and headquarters of the producer of the arms and ammunition;
- type, brand, serial number, calibre, quantity and manner of packaging of the arms and the ammunition;
- date and hour of the commencement of the transport, the direction of movement and the destination location;
- type of the means of transport and the number of the registration plates;
- border crossing and time when the arms will be transported across the border crossing;
- security measures during the transport.
The Minister of Internal Affairs, or an official authorised by him, if the need arises will determine the undertaking of special security measures during the transport o the arms.