Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Macedonia. 2005 ‘Article 4.’ Republic of Macedonia Law on Arms 2005 (Amended April 2007); Section II (Article 4). Skopje: Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia. 8 February
For the purposes of this law, arms shall be categorized into the following categories:
Category "A" - arms the procurement of which is prohibited:
1. Firearms usually used as military arms;
2. Automatic firearms;
3. Firearms masked as a different object;
4. Ammunition with piercing projectiles, with explosive and flammable projectiles, and projectiles for that specific ammunition;
5. Ammunition for pistols and revolvers containing a bullet with expansive effect and bullets for that ammunition, except the one used as ammunition for hunting arms or sports arms;
6. Firearms with a silencer;
7. Explosives and their parts;
8. Gas arms;
9. Side arms; and
10. Special equipment for arms.
As prohibited firearms, pursuant to the meaning of Paragraph 2 of this Article, shall not be considered hunting arms and sports arms equipped with an optical or similar sight.
Category "B" - arms that can be procured on the basis of an approval:
1. Semi-automatic or repeating short firearms;
2. Single shot short firearms, with a central firing pin;
3. Single shot short firearms, with a total length of less than 28 cm;
4. Semi-automatic long firearms, with a magazine and a chamber that can accept more than 3 bullets;
5. Semi-automatic long firearms, with a magazine and a chamber that can accept up to 3 bullets and the magazine of which is not fixed;
6. Repeating and semi-automatic long firearms, with a smooth bore barrel up to 60 cm long; and
7. Semi-automatic long firearms, for civilian purposes, similar to the automatic firearms.
Category "C" - arms that can be procured, on the basis of an approval, by legal entities that are in the business of securing both humans and property:
1. Repeating long firearms, not covered by the point (6) of the category "B";
2. Single shot long firearms with a rifled barrel;
3. Semi-automatic long firearms, not covered by the points 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the category "B"; and
4. Single shot short firearms with a total length of 28 cm or longer.
Category "D" - arms required to be registered:
1. Single shot long firearms with one or several smooth bore barrels;
2. Old arms;
3. Air arms; and
4. Arms with a string.