Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Lithuania. 2002 ‘Control of the Circulation of Arms and Ammunition.’ Republic of Lithuania Law on the Control of Arms and Ammunition No. IX-705; Chapter Fifteen (Article 45). Vilnius: The Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. 15 January
Article 45. Control of the Circulation of Arms and Ammunition
1. The circulation of arms and ammunition in the territory of the Republic of Lithuania shall be controlled by the Ministry of the Interior, the Weaponry Fund as well as by other state institutions, each within the framework of its competence.
2. The public servants authorised to control the circulation of arms and ammunition shall have the right:
1) to examine arms and places of manufacture, repair, sale, storing and safekeeping thereof;
2) to demand the documents as well as information necessary for the purpose of the control;
3) to give mandatory instructions to legal and natural persons to rectify the drawbacks after having detected them;
4) to resort to other measures set forth by laws and other legal acts;
5) in a manner prescribed by law, to enter the premises possessed by the right of ownership or rent.
3. The circulation of arms and ammunition of entities having a special status shall be controlled in a manner prescribed by other legal acts.