Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Lithuania. 2002 ‘Destroying of Arms, Ammunition, their Parts.’ Republic of Lithuania Law on the Control of Arms and Ammunition No. IX-705; Chapter Thirteen (Article 43). Vilnius: The Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. 15 January
Article 43. Destroying of Arms, Ammunition, their Parts
1. All arms which are unsuitable for use, their parts which are impossible or inexpedient to repair, ammunition unsuitable for use must be destroyed.
2. Persons shall deliver the arms, ammunition, their parts which are in their possession and which they wish to be destroyed to a territorial police institution, and the latter shall, at least once every six months, transfer the arms, ammunition, their parts which have been delivered for destroying, to the Weaponry Fund.
3. The Weaponry Fund shall destroy the arms, ammunition, their parts which have been transferred for destroying, in a manner prescribed by the Weaponry Fund, with the commission set up by the head of the Weaponry Fund attending.
4. Arms, ammunition, their parts must be destroyed in such a way so as to guarantee that they become totally unsuitable for use according to their purpose. Arms, ammunition, their parts must be destroyed in such a way which would not pose a threat to human health and the environment.
5. Entities of a special status, except the Ministry of National Defence, must transfer arms, ammunition, their parts designated to be destroyed, to the Weaponry Fund. The Ministry of National Defence shall destroy arms, ammunition, their parts in accordance with the procedure established by other legal acts.