Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Netherlands. 2010 ‘Cooperation with Civil Society and NGOs.’ National Report of the Netherlands on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA), p. 20. New York, NY: Permanent Mission of the Netherlands to the United Nations. 1 January
Cooperation with Civil Society and NGOs
Cooperation with civil society is key in tackling the problem of SALW proliferation. Therefore the Netherlands has been cooperating with organisations such as:
- Saferworld: support for governments in implementing legislation and regulations.
- ISS: support for the Arms Management Programme since 2002, including support for governments and regional organisations with the implementation of legislation and regulations and research on several SALW topics (ways of destruction, illegal trade in SALW etc.)
- HALO Trust: SALW destruction in Afghanistan.
- Small Arms Survey: Annual yearbook with research results on the problem of SALW worldwide.
- Mine Action Group (MAG): SALW destruction in the DRC.