Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Sudan. 2014 ‘Brokering.’ National Report of South Sudan on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 4, pp. 12-13. New York NY: Permanent Mission of South Sudan to the United Nations. 1 January
Section 4: Brokering
8. Does your country have laws, regulations and/or administrative procedures governing brokering of SALW? YES
8.1 List laws and/or administrative procedures regulating SALW brokering in your country.
SALW Bill of 2012…
8.2 Does your country require registration of SALW brokers? YES
8.3 Does your country require a licence, permit or other authorisation for each brokering transaction? YES…
8.3.3 What are the criteria for granting a licence, permit or other authorisation?
- The applicant must have no criminal record
- The applicant has not knowingly made false statement
- The applicant must meet all the requirements
- The applicants is above 25years of age
- The applicant is mentally stable
- The applicant has no proven bad record of alcohol…
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]