Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Hungary. 2016 ‘International Transfers.’ National Report of Hungary on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 3, pp. 7-8. New York NY: Permanent Mission of Hungary to the United Nations. 1 January
Section 3: International Transfers
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
6. Does your country have laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW? YES
6.1. List laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW.
- Government Decree 160/2011. (VIII.18.) on the licensing of the export, import, transfer and transit of military technology and related services, and on certification of undertakings.
- Government Decree No. 253 of 2004 (VIII.31.) on Arms and Ammunition.
Licensing and authorisation
6.2. Does a person or an entity who transfers SALW require a licence or other form of authorisation to transfer SALW from/into your country? YES…
6.5. What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country: YES
i) What elements does an end-user certificate in your country contain (check relevant boxes)?
1) Detailed description (type, quantity, characteristics) of the SALW or technology: YES
2) Contract number or order reference and date: [No response]
3) Final destination country: YES
4) Description of the end-use of the SALW: YES
5) Exporter's details (name, address and business name): YES
6) End-user information (name, position, full address and original signature): YES
7) Information on other parties involved in the transaction: YES
8) Certification by the relevant government authorities of the authenticity of the end-user: YES
9) Date of issue: YES
10) Other: Copy of contract, if necessary; Date of issue and register number and the duration of the EUC; Assurances of use only by end-user and for the stated end-use; Reexport clause.
b) Other types of end-user documentation: Import Licence or International Import Certificate.
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]