Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Puerto Rico. 2000 ‘Weapons License; Permits to Carry Weapons; Persons Exempted from Payment of the Voucher.’ Puerto Rico Arms Act of 2000; Title 25, Subtitle 1, Part V, Chapter 51A (Sub-chapter 2, Section 456e). San Juan: Puerto Rico. 11 September
25 L.P.R.A. § 456e (2013)
Section 456e. Weapons License; Permits to Carry Weapons; Persons Exempted from Payment of the Voucher
The following persons shall be exempted from the payment of the Internal Revenue vouchers and stamps referred to in §§ 456a,1 456d2 and 457c of this title should they be interested in applying for a weapons license3 or any of the permits established in this chapter.
(1) Persons with physical disabilities, engaged in target shooting as certified by the Olympic Committee3;
(2) government officials listed in § 456c of this title;
(3) officials, agents and employees of the Government of Puerto Rico who, due to their office and the functions they perform, are required to carry3 weapons;
(4) former governors, former legislators, former Superintendents3, former Commonwealth and federal judges, former Commonwealth and federal prosecuting attorneys, former minors' advocates and former mayors of Puerto Rico provided they have retired honorably, and
(5) former law enforcement officers provided their retirement has been honorable and that they have served for more than ten (10) years.