Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Dominica. 2011 ‘Estate Gun Licence.’ Firearms Act No. 3 of 2011; Part IV (Section 18), pp. 222-223. Roseau: Parliament of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 15 April
Estate Gun Licence
18. (1) In accordance with section 7:
(a) a person who wishes to use, carry, possess, purchase or acquire a shotgun may apply to the appropriate authority1 for an estate gun licence; and
(b) the appropriate authority may grant the estate gun licence.
(2) An estate gun licence authorises the holder to use or carry, possess, purchase, or acquire a shotgun and ammunition for the shotgun.
(3) The appropriate authority may on the application of the holder of an estate gun licence, authorize any employee specified by the holder to carry or use the shotgun and ammunition to which the estate gun licence relates to, away from or on land belonging to the holder and the appropriate authority shall endorse the names of the employees on the estate gun licence.
(4) The appropriate authority shall not endorse an estate gun licence under subsection (3), unless he is satisfied that the authorised employees have adequate proficiency in the use and management of the shotgun or ammunition to which the estate gun licence relates…
(6) Where the appropriate authority decides to make an endorsement under subsection (3) he shall issue and sign a certificate stating that an authorised employee named is entitled to carry or use a shotgun to which the estate gun licence relates and the duration of the entitlement…