Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Dominica. 2011 ‘Firearm User Licence.’ Firearms Act No. 3 of 2011; Part IV (Section 17), pp. 221-222. Roseau: Parliament of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 15 April
Firearm User Licence
Section 17. (1) In accordance with section 7 –
(a) a person who wishes to use, carry, possess, purchase or acquire a firearm or ammunition may apply to the appropriate authority1 for a firearm user licence; and
(b) the appropriate authority may grant the firearm user licence;
(2) A firearm user licence authorizes the holder to use, possess, purchase, or acquire in accordance with the terms of the licence, the firearm or ammunition identified or defined in the firearm user licence.
(3) The appropriate authority may on the application of the holder of a firearm user licence, authorize any person specified by the holder, to carry or use the firearm or ammunition away from or on premises belonging to the holder and the appropriate authority shall endorse the names of the person on the firearm user licence.
(4) The appropriate authority shall not endorse a firearm user licence under subsection (3) unless satisfied that the authorized person or persons have adequate proficiency in the use and management of the firearm or ammunition to which the firearm user licence relates.
(5) The appropriate authority may, on the application of the holder of a firearm user licence amend the list of authorized persons endorsed on the licence.
(6) The appropriate authority shall issue and sign a certificate stating that the authorised person or persons named, is entitled to carry or use the firearm or ammunition to which the firearm user licence relates and the duration of the entitlement…
(9) In this section "authorised person" means a person who is authorised by the appropriate authority and whose name is endorsed on the licence under subsection (3).