Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Australia. 2002 ‘Nationally Consistent Regulation of the Manufacture of Firearms.’ National Firearm Trafficking Policy Agreement; Pars 11, 12. Canberra: Australasian Police Ministers' Council. 17 July
Nationally Consistent Regulation of the Manufacture of Firearms
11. All jurisdictions agree to ensure that consistent provisions regulating the manufacture of firearms are in place. These provisions should encompass:
- The commercial manufacture of whole firearms;
- Small volume whole firearm manufacture; and
- The manufacture of firearm parts.
12. All jurisdictions agree to establish an offence of illegal manufacture which attracts substantial maximum penalties.
To ensure national consistency, the regulation of firearm manufacturing and the licensing of armourers nationwide should be referred to the APMC Firearms Policy Working Group for greater discussion.