Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library

Colombia. 2012 ‘Confiscation and Seizure (Confiscación y Expropiación).’ National Report of Colombia on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA), p. 18. New York, NY: Permanent Mission of Colombia to the United Nations. 2 March

Relevant contents

Confiscación y Expropiación

13.1 Cuantas armas pequeñas y armas ligeras se encontraron, expropiaron o confiscaron?

DCCA

Se recibieron en el almacén de armamento decomisado 42.062 armas de fuego decomisadas a favor del estado por acto administrativo y sentencia judicial en firme y ejecutoriada.

FISCALIA

El Cuerpo Técnico de Investigaciones (CTI), en el ejercicio de sus diferentes funciones operativas en contra de las organizaciones delictivas que operan en el territorio nacional logro, durante el ano de 2011, la incautación de 1046 armas pequeñas y ligeras: 528 Pistolas y 518 Revólveres.

De las 1046 armas pequeñas y ligeras incautadas durante el 2011, el 94% se incautaron en las Seccionales y el 6% restante fueron incautadas en el Nivel Central.

De los 528 pistolas incautadas durante el 2011, las Seccionales mas representativas en la actividad fueron Medellín con 194, Popayán con 70 y Bogotá con 57. De los 518 revólveres incautados, la Seccional Bogotá fue la mas representativa con 166, seguida de Cúcuta con 80 y Medellín con 73.

Por su parte, a nivel global la incautación de armas pequeñas y ligeras durante el periodo muestra a la Seccional Medellín como el líder en el tema con una participación del 26% del total, seguida por Bogotá con el 21% y Cúcuta y Popayán con el 10% y 9% respectivamente.

Armas en propiedad de la Fiscalía General de la Nación, sin incluir las armas incautadas o atadas a proceso penales. Ver Anexo I.A.

La Policía Nacional informa que 37.989 armas fueron incautadas en el periodo 2011. Ver anexo I.B.

++++

Translated content:

Confiscation and Seizure

13.1 How many small arms and light weapons were found, seized or confiscated?

DCCA

Some 42,062 seized firearms were received in storage premises for confiscated materials, which were handed over to the State through signed and executed administrative acts and judicial sentences.

Office of the Attorney General

The Technical Investigation Unit (CTI), through its different operational functions against criminal organisations operating in the national territory, managed to confiscated, in the year 2011 alone, some 1,064 small arms and light weapons: 528 pistols and 518 revolvers.

Of the 1,046 small arms and light weapons confiscated during 2011, 94% were confiscated in the Sections [provinces] and the remaining 6% in the Central Level.

Of the 528 pistols confiscated during 2011, the Sections most representative were Medellin with 194, Popayán with 70 and Bogota with 57. Of the 518 confiscated revolvers, the Bogota Section was the most representative with 166, followed by Cúcuta with 80 and Medellin with 73.

In turn, confiscation at the global level of small arms and light weapons during the time-frame shows that the Medellin Section is most prominent in terms of participation by the citizenry, with 26% of the total participation rate, followed by Bogotá with 21% and Cúcuta and Popayán with 10% and 9% respectively.

Firearms under the control of the Attorney General of the Nation, not including those confiscated or linked with penal procedures. See Annex I.A.

National Police reports indicate that 37,989 firearms were confiscated during 2011. See annex I.B.

[DCCA = Departamento de Control y Comercio de Armas / Department on the Control and Commerce of Firearms]

ID: Q9929

As many publishers change their links and archive their pages, the full-text version of this article may no longer be available from the original link. In this case, please go to the publisher's web site or use a search engine.