Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Czech Republic. 2014 ‘Prohibition to Acquire, Possess or Carry Category A Firearms.’ Act on Firearms and Ammunition, as amended; Part One, Title III (Section 9), p. 6. Prague: Parliament and Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic. 1 July
(1) It shall be prohibited to acquire, possess or carry category A firearms1 unless otherwise stipulated hereunder. The prohibition pursuant to the first sentence shall not apply to exports and imports traded under any special legal regulation.
(2) The Police of the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as the 'Police') may grant an exception to the holder of a firearm permit for group A or C or a firearm licence for groups A, F, G, H, I, or J, who
a) is a collector or pursues museum related activities;
b) transports and guards exceptionally dangerous or valuable consignments, or guards exceptionally important premises or premises important for the defence of the country;
c) produces or conducts similar activities and for the testing of the products the holder of necessity needs a category A firearm;
d) teaches or trains shooting in category A firearms;
e) pursues film or dramatic activities; in such case the firearm shall be irreversibly converted so that only dummy cartridges or bag-cartridges can be used; or
f) exercises the right of hunting in accordance with the special legal regulation (24) nonetheless such an exception may be granted only for the accessory of a firearm laid down in Section 4 (c) (2); conditions stipulated by the special legal regulation shall not be prejudiced (24).
(3) The Police may grant an exception under paragraph 2 if it does not contradict public order and security. If the exception has been granted under paragraph 2 (b) through (f) it may be limited for a certain period of time. In order to assess whether the exception to be granted can contradict public order or security the Police shall be authorised to request from a relevant public authority, a natural or legal person the necessary data and information; the requested authority or person shall satisfy the request without undue delay.
(4) If an exception for the acquisition or possession of firearms referred to in Section 4(a) (1) which is subject to special rules of controls in accordance with an international agreement which is part of the national legal framework is granted then the Ministry of Defence shall be obliged to give its approval.
24) Act No. 449/2001 Coll., on Hunting, as amended.