Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Cross, Peter, Rick de Caris, Ettienne Hennop and Angus Urquhart. 2003 ‘State-owned Firearms - Botswana.’ The Law of the Gun: An Audit of Firearms Control Legislation in the SADC Region, p. 42. London: SaferAfrica and Saferworld. 1 June
Overview -- International & Regional Agreements
UN Programme of Action
Section II Art. 17
Requires controls relating to the management and security of state stocks including:
- Appropriate locations for stockpiles
- Physical security measures
- Control of access to stocks
- Inventory management and accounting control
- Staff training
- Security accounting and control of firearms relating to operation units
- Controls on theft and loss.
The national legislation does not conform to the international and regional agreements.