Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
CNMI. 2005 ‘Mandatory Firearms Safety Education.’ Public Law 14-51: Mandatory Firearms Safety Education Act; Section 2. Saipan: Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. 14 January
Section 2. Amendment
Title 6, Section 2204 of the Commonwealth Code is hereby amended to add a new section (d) with the following subsections renumbered accordingly:
"(d) Mandatory Firearms Safety Education Class. Prior to the issuance of Identification Cards by the Department of Public Safety, applicants are required to attend a Mandatory Firearms Safety Education Class ("MFSEC"). The MFSEC shall be organized and conducted as follows:
(1) The Department of Public Safety is hereby authorized to establish a program to condict these classes.
(2) The Department of Public Safety is required to provide the National Rifle Association firearms certified instructors to conduct these classes.
(3) For each firearm purchased, transferred, or renewed, applicants shall be required to attend a firearms safety class.
(4) Hunting license applicants shall be required to attend MFSEC prior to the issuance of such a license.
(5) A fee of $10.00 will be charged for the class. Fees shall be used to fund the MFSEC."
An Act to amend 6 CMC 2204 by adding a new subsection (d) to require that Identification Card applicants attend a mandatory firearms safety education class.