Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Africa. 2011 ‘Prohibition of Import, Export or Carriage In-transit of Firearms and Ammunition without Permit.’ Firearms Control Act 2000 (Act last amended in 2011); Chapter 8 (Sections 73, 74), p. 36. Cape Town: Parliament of the Republic of South Africa. 5 December
73. Prohibition of import, export or carriage in-transit of firearms and ammunition without permit
(1) No person may import into or export from South Africa any firearms or ammunition without an import or export permit issued in terms of this Act.
(2) No person may carry in transit through South Africa any firearms or ammunition without an in-transit permit issued in terms of this Act.
74. Requirements for import, export or in-transit permit
(1) An import, export or in-transit permit may be issued to a person who is a fit and proper person to hold such permit.
(2) Unless the Registrar directs otherwise in writing, no import, export or in-transit permit may be issued in respect of any firearm or ammunition which does not bear the prescribed identification marks.