Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Kenya. 2012 ‘Licensing and Authorisation - End User Certificate.’ National Report of Kenya on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA), pp. 6-7. New York, NY: Permanent Mission of Kenya to the United Nations. 1 March
Licensing and Authorisation - End User Certificate
6.5 What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country. YES
i) What elements does an end-user certificate in your country contain (check relevant boxes)?
1) Detailed description (type, quantity, characteristics) of the SALW or technology: YES
2) Contract number or order reference and date: YES
3) Final destination country: YES
4) Description of the end-use of the SALW: YES
5) Exporter's details (name, address and business name): YES
6) End-user information (name, position, full address and original signature): YES
7) Information on other parties involved in the transaction: YES
8) Certification by the relevant government authorities of the authenticity of the end-user: YES
9) Date of issue: YES
10) Other: Expiration date of license or authorizations and transit countries where appropriate.
b) Other types of end-user documentation: Authorization permit
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]