Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Sudan. 2011 ‘Section 6: Establishment of the Commission.’ Southern Sudan Demobilisation,Disarmament and Re-Integration Commission Act, 2011; Chapter II, p. 3. Juba: Southern Sudan Legislative Assembly. 7 July
6. Establishment of the Commission
(1) "The Southern Sudan Demobilisation, Disarmament and Re-Integration Commission" (hereinafter called "the Commission") is hereby established as an autonomous commission to be responsible for DDR activities in Southern Sudan.
(2) The Commission shall operate as an integral part of the Government. It shall be independent and impartial, and shall exercise its powers and perform its functions and duties without fear or favour…
(4) The Commission shall be accountable to the public through the Assembly and the President.
(5) The Commission shall have its head office in Juba, the Capital of Southern Sudan, and may establish branch offices, as it deems necessary, to fulfil its obligations under the National Constitution, the Constitution and this Act.
[DDR = Demobilisation, Disarmament and Re-integration]