Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Estonia. 2002 ‘Import, Export and Transit of Weapons and Ammunition.’ Weapons Act (Riigi Teataja I 2001, 65, 377) [with amendments to June 2004]; Section 59 (Chapter 8). Tallinn: Riigi Teataja (State Gazette). 31 March
§ 60. Import, Export and Transit of Weapons and Ammunition
(1) Weapons and ammunition may be imported as goods for release for free circulation on the basis of the special permit specified in subsection 59 (3) of this Act by persons holding an activity licence for the manufacture or sale of weapons, essential components of firearms, ammunition or laser sights, or for the conversion or repair of weapons.
(2) A person who holds an activity licence for the manufacture, repair or conversion of weapons, essential components of firearms, or accessories, or for the manufacture of ammunition may apply solely for permission to import the particular type of weapon, essential components of firearms, laser sights or ammunition for the manufacture, repair or conversion of which the person has been issued the activity licence.
(3) A natural or legal persons of a foreign state may temporarily import the weapon and ammunition registered in the person's name into Estonia for the purposes of participating in sports competitions, training, hunting and other similar activities if the person has been granted the special permit specified in 59 (3) of this Act. A temporarily imported weapon shall leave Estonian by the due date determined in the permit.
(4) Only firearms and cartridges which have been issued the type approval provided for in § 23 of this Act may be imported, on the condition that the models of the weapons and cartridges to be imported have been entered in the register of service and civilian weapons.
(5) The provisions of subsection (4) of this section do not apply to weapons and cartridges which are brought into Estonia to be tested, demonstrated or displayed at an exhibition.
(6) The export from Estonia of weapons and ammunition included in the list of strategic goods and the transit of such goods through the Customs territory of Estonia shall be conducted pursuant to the procedure established by the Strategic Goods Act and legislation issued on the basis thereof.
(7) The export and transit of weapons and ammunition which are not included in the list of strategic goods may be conducted on the basis of the special permit specified in subsection 59 (3) of this Act by persons holding an activity licence for the manufacture or sale of such type of weapon or ammunition.
(8) The procedure established in § 57 of this Act shall be adhered to upon transit through Estonia.