Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Estonia. 2002 ‘Firearm Accessories.’ Weapons Act (Riigi Teataja I 2001, 65, 377) [with amendments to June 2004]; Section 22 (Chapter 2). Tallinn: Riigi Teataja (State Gazette). 31 March
§ 22. Firearm Accessories
(1) This Act distinguishes between the accessories intended to be installed on firearms according to their purpose as follows:
1) a laser sight is a device intended to be installed on firearms where a laser beam is used for sighting;
2) a night sight is a device intended to be used for sighting in insufficient light which has an image converter or electronic amplifier;
3) a silencer is a device intended to silence sound created by the discharge of a firearm;
4) an adapter is a barrel or changeable mechanism installed within the barrel of a firearm which enables smaller calibre ammunition to be used.
(2) Authorisation is required from the Police Board to acquire a laser sight or adapter.
(3) A laser sight or adapter shall be registered at the police prefecture of the residence or seat of the acquirer within one week after its acquisition.
(4) Upon the registration of a laser sight or adapter, the police prefecture shall issue a new weapons permit to the owner or possessor of the weapon setting out information concerning the laser sight or adapter. A weapons permit in which information concerning a laser sight or adapter has been entered is the document which is the basis for owning, carrying and conveying the laser sight or adapter.
(5) The use of night sights and adapters for civilian purposes is prohibited.