Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Flew, Catherine and Angus Urquhart. 2004 ‘Trade.’ Strengthening Small Arms controls: An Audit of Small Arms Control Legislation in the Great Lakes Region and the Horn of Africa - Eritrea, p. 11. London: Saferworld / SaferAfrica. 1 February
The national legislation conforms to some of the provisions of the regional and international agreements:
- It is an offence to trade in small arms without special authorisation.
- It is an offence to sell or deliver small arms to persons not entitled to receive them.
Fundamental absences include:
- No requirement for the keeping of records on the trade in small arms.
- No controls relating to the premises that can be used for the purpose of trading in small arms.
- No prohibition on the pawning and pledging of small arms.