Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Flew, Catherine and Angus Urquhart. 2004 ‘Record Keeping.’ Strengthening Small Arms controls: An Audit of Small Arms Control Legislation in the Great Lakes Region and the Horn of Africa - Sudan, pp. 29-31. London: Saferworld / SaferAfrica. 1 February
Current National Legislative Controls
(5) The dealer must, with regard to the sale of any arms, record the type, calibre, make and number thereof on the permit whereby such disposal is made and retain such permit until it is reviewed by the licensing authority, in the following way:
(A) By collecting all permits after they have been endorsed and by signing the incoming/outgoing register, which should include the following information:
(1) The date on which each weapon part arrived.
(2) The party or person from whom it arrived.
(B) In the case of importation, he should record the number and date of the licence issued by the licensing authority and, in the case of a purchase from any other dealer, he should record the number and date of the licence, the party that issued it and the certification number.
(C) When selling any weapon part, he must record the name of the purchaser and any supporting document, its date and certification number and the date of sale and he must retain such certification.
(D) The certifying authority
(E) The fees paid.
(F) The details and description of the weapon, as follows:
(1) The number of licensed items, if more than one.
(2) The type of item.
(3) The calibre.
(4) The make of the item.
(5) Details of ownership transfers.
(6) The number of the weapon.
(G) Renewal details.
(2) The licensing authority must maintain a register of annual renewals of district licences, which should contain the following information:
(A) The district from which the licence was acquired.
(B) The licence number.
(C) The name and address of the licensee.
(D) The fees paid and the date of payment.
(3) The provincial police chiefs must send returns to the Head of the Crime Prevention Department every six months giving the number of weapons and ammunition and the names of those who have been granted firearms licences.