Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Malaysia. 1960 ‘Licence to Import.’ Laws of Malaysia, Act 206, Arms Act 1960 [Act as of January 2006]; Part II (Section 15). Kuala Lumpur: The Commissioner of Law Revision, Malaysia. 1 January
Licence to Import
15. (1) No person shall import any arms or ammunition or parts of arms into Malaysia, either by sea, land or air, unless he holds a licence in that behalf.
(2) Such licence may be obtained on application to the Chief Police Officer of any State, and shall be in such form as may be prescribed:
Provided that where the applicant is a person who holds or is at the same time applying for a licence to manufacture arms or ammunition such application shall be made to the Minister.
(3) Every holder of such licence shall endorse thereon descriptive particulars of all arms and ammunition and parts of arms imported thereunder, and shall return the licence to the Officer in Charge of the Police District wherein he resides within three days from the expiration of the term allowed thereby.
(4) A bona fide traveller arriving in Malaysia may on application at the place of arrival to any police officer appointed in writing in that behalf by the Chief Police Officer of the State, obtain from him an interim licence to import into Malaysia and to possess and carry his personal arms and ammunition. The licence shall be in such form as may be prescribed and shall remain in force for a period of one month from the date of issue, and no arms or ammunition imported thereunder may be re-exported without an export licence or an endorsement enabling re-exportation on the interim import licence.
(5) An interim licence may be issued under subsection (4) to the manager or other responsible member of a theatrical or circus company in respect of arms and ammunition to be used in the performances of the company, but the arms and ammunition and the interim licence must be produced by the holder thereof to the
Officer in Charge of each Police District in which the company performs and the licence shall be endorsed by him.