Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Vanuatu. 1988 ‘Application, Grant, Renewal, Revocation of Firearms Import Licence.’ Firearms Act 1988 [Cap 198]; Section 14 (2006 Consolidation). Port Vila: Parliament of Vanuatu. 28 March
Application, Grant, Renewal, Revocation of Firearms Import Licence
14. (1) An application for a firearms import licence under this Act shall be made in the prescribed form to the licensing officer.
(2) The licensing officer shall keep in the prescribed form a register of persons who import firearms and enter in that register the name of any person who applies for a firearms import licence.
(3) The licensing officer may on payment of the prescribed fee and on being satisfied that in all the circumstances the licence shall be granted, grant a firearms import licence to the applicant.
(4) The firearms import licence shall be in the prescribed form, shall be valid for 1 year and shall be renewable on application to the licensing officer on payment of the prescribed fee.
(5) Any holder of a firearms import licence, who fails to comply with any condition subject to which that licence is held, is guilty of an offence under this Act.