Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Vanuatu. 1988 ‘Application for the Grant and Renewal of Firearm Dealer's Licence.’ Firearms Act 1988 [Cap 198]; Section 11 (2006 Consolidation). Port Vila: Parliament of Vanuatu. 28 March
Application for the Grant and Renewal of Firearm Dealer's Licence
11. (1) The licensing officer of each area shall keep in the prescribed form a register of firearm dealers, and shall enter in the register the name of any person who, having or proposing to have a place of business in the area, applies to be registered as a firearms dealer.
(2) An application for a grant of a firearms dealer's licence shall in the prescribed form be made to the licensing officer with the particulars of every place of business at which he proposes to carry on business in the area as a firearms dealer…
(4) The licensing officer shall refuse to grant a firearms dealer's licence to an applicant if he is satisfied that -
(a) the applicant cannot be permitted to carry on business as a firearms dealer without danger to the public safety or to the peace; or
(b) the place of business specified in the application is a place at which the applicant cannot be permitted to carry on business as a firearms dealer without danger to the public safety or to peace.
(5) The firearms dealer's licence shall be in the prescribed form and shall be valid for 1 year and shall be renewable on application to the licensing officer, on payment of the prescribed fee.
(6) Every licensed firearms dealer shall provide and keep a register of transactions and shall enter or cause to be entered, in that register the particulars prescribed under this Act.
(7) Every licensed firearms dealer shall on demand produce such register for the inspection of the licensing officer or police officer at such place and time as such officer may reasonably require.
(8) Every such person shall also between the 1st and 7th of every month furnish to the licensing officer in the prescribed form the particulars of the stock in hand of his business of the previous month.
(9) Any holder of a firearms dealer's licence who fails to comply with any condition subject to which that licence is held, is guilty of an offence under this Act.