Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Vanuatu. 1988 ‘Application for the Grant of the Firearm Licence and the Renewal and Revocation of the Firearm Licence.’ Firearms Act 1988 [Cap 198]; Section 9 (2006 Consolidation). Port Vila: Parliament of Vanuatu. 28 March
Application for the Grant of the Firearm Licence and the Renewal and Revocation of the Firearm Licence
9. (1) An application for the grant of a firearm licence shall be made in the prescribed form to the licensing officer of the area in which the applicant resides.
(2) The licensing officer may on payment of the prescribed fee, and if he is satisfied that -
(a) the applicant has good reason for having in his possession, purchasing or acquiring the firearm or ammunition specified in his application; and
(b) the applicant will at all times keep the firearm securely and in safe custody and will take all reasonable precaution to ensure that the firearm is not lost or stolen and is not at any time available to any person not lawfully entitled to possess it,
grant a firearm licence to the applicant.
(3) The licensing officer shall not grant a firearm licence, to any person -
(a) if he is prohibited under this Act, from possessing a firearm;
(b) whom he considers to be of unsound mind or intemperate habits, or for any other reasons unfitted to be entrusted with a firearm.
(4) A firearm licence shall be granted in respect of each firearm and shall be in the prescribed form, and shall specify any conditions subject to which it is held, the nature of the firearm to which it relates, and as respects ammunition, the quantities authorized to be purchased and to be held at any one time.
(5) A firearm licence shall, unless previously revoked or cancelled, continue in force for 1 year from the date when it was granted or last renewed, but shall be renewable for a further period of 1 year by the licensing officer and so on from time to time….
(9) A firearm licence may be revoked by a licensing officer if -
(a) the licensing officer is satisfied that the licence holder is prohibited by or under this Act from possessing a firearm to which the firearm licence relates, or is of intemperate habits or unsound mind, or is otherwise unfitted to be entrusted with such a firearm; or
(b) the licence holder fails to comply with a notice under subsection (7) requiring him to deliver up the firearm licence…