Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Tanzania. 2008 ‘Destruction.’ National Report of Tanzania on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 5, pp. 5-6. New York, NY: Permanent Mission of the United Republic of Tanzania to the United Nations. 31 March
Destruction of 8,540 illicit firearms:
Seized and surrendered that are afterwards grinded by the Gun - Cruncher.
- A total of 1,000 illicit firearms were destroyed during Police day on 29th August 2003, in Dar es salaam, through the open air burning system.
- During Civil society workshop in Mwanza on 21st November 2003 a total of 921 firearms were destroyed.
- During Civil society workshop in Mbeya a total of 1,847 firearms were destroyed on 27th February 2004.
- In the Commemoration of the UN Arms day on 9th July, 2004 a total of 1,000 firearms were destroyed.
- A total number of 1,000 illicit firearms were destroyed during Police day on 25th August 2004 in Zanzibar.
- A total number of 2,772 illicit firearms were voluntary surrendered and destroyed in Kagera/Kigoma through UNDP funded projects.