Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library

Mali. 2003 ‘Collect and Disposal of Small Arms (La Collecte et l'Elimination des Armes Légères).’ National Report of Mali on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 4, pp. 6-7. New York, NY: Permanent Mission of Mali to the United Nations. 24 June

Relevant contents

Collect and Disposal of Small Arms (La Collecte et l'Elimination des Armes Légères)

Le programme de collecte d'arme de la Commission Nationale a concerné Léré, Dianké, Soumpi, Tienkour et Diré. Avec l'appui financier de la Coopération Technique Belge dans ces localités, les résultats suivants ont été enregistrés en matière de collecte d'armes et de munitions du 12 décembre 2000 au 5 avril 2001 comme indiqué dans le tableau ci-après:

TOTAL: Armes: 850
Munitions: 12 548

Sur les 850 armes récupérées, 581 (68%) ont été détruites lors des mini-flammes de la paix organisées à Léré et Diré les 09 et 10 juillet 2001. Les 269 armes autres (32%) ont été détruites pendant la mini-flamme de la paix de Soumpi qui a eu lieu le 03 mai 2003. Il faut rappeler que la méthode utilisée jusqu'ici pour détruire les armes légères est l'incinération encore appelée « Flamme de la Paix ».

++++

Translated content:

The Programme for Collection of Firearms, conducted by the National Commission, has concerned Léré, Dianké, Soumpi, Tienkour, and Diré. With financial support from the Belgian Technical Cooperation in these localities, the following results were recorded regarding the collection of firearms and ammunition from December 12, 2000, to April 5, 2001, as indicated in the table bellow:

TOTAL: Firearms: 850; Ammunition: 12,548

On 850 collected firearms, 581 (68%) were destroyed during the "mini-Flames of Peace", which were organized in Léré and Diré on July 9-10, 2001. The other 269 (32%) firearms were destroyed during the "mini-Flame of Peace" in Soumpi on May 3, 2003.

Please note that the method used, so far, to destroy small arms is incineration, also called "Flame of Peace".

ID: Q3962

As many publishers change their links and archive their pages, the full-text version of this article may no longer be available from the original link. In this case, please go to the publisher's web site or use a search engine.