Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Montserrat. 2000 ‘Licences.’ Laws of Montserrat, Chapter 10.02, Firearms Act and Subsidiary Legislation, Revised Edition showing the law as at 1 January 2008; Article 12. Plymouth: Law Revision Commissioner. 15 November
12. (1) Licences shall be granted by, or on the authority of the Commissioner and shall -
(a) be in the prescribed form;
(b) specify the conditions subject to which they are granted and, in the case of a firearm or gun licence, the firearm to which it relates; and
(c) not be transferable.
(2) No licence shall be granted to a person whom the Commissioner has reason to believe is of intemperate habits or unsound mind, or to be for any other reason unfit to hold licence.
(3) The Commissioner shall not grant a firearm or an ammunition licence unless he is satisfied that the applicant has good and sufficient reasons for having in his possession, or for purchasing or acquiring, the firearm or ammunition in respect of which the application is made, and can be permitted to have it in his possession without danger to public safety or peace.
(4) A licence may be renewed and the provisions of this section shall apply to a renewal of a licence as they apply to a grant.
(5) An application for the grant of a licence shall be made in the prescribed form to the Commissioner.
(6) Such fees shall be payable for a licence as may be prescribed by Order by the Governor in Council.
(7) It is an offence for a person not to comply with any condition
subject to which a licence is issued.
(8) It is an offence for a person to make any statement which he knows to be false for the purpose of procuring, whether for himself or any other person, the grant or renewal of a licence.
(9) It is an offence for a person to make any alteration or erasure in a licence except under the authority of the Commissioner.
[According to Article 2 of the Act, "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Police]