Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
RECSA. 2010 ‘Ratified and Deposited Instruments of the Nairobi Protocol.’ Regional Centre on Small Arms and Light Weapons Website - Ratifications. Nairobi: Regional Centre on Small Arms. 19 November
Ratified and Deposited Instruments of the Nairobi Protocol
The following RECSA Member States have ratified and deposited instruments of ratification at the Secretariat:
1. The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia by proclamation No. 429/2004 dated 25th November, 2004 ratified the Protocol and deposited on the 9th day of February, 2005 with the Secretariat.
2. The Government Cabinet of the Republic of Uganda in compliance with Section 3 (a) of the Ratification of Treaties Act and the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda authorised the Minister of Foreign Affairs to sign the instrument of ratification which is dated on the 15th day of February, 2005 and deposited with the Secretariat on the 10th day of May, 2005.
3. The Minister of Foreign Affairs on behalf of the Government of The State of Eritrea signed the instrument of ratification of the Protocol on the 4th day of May, 2005 and deposited the same at the Secretariat on the 11th day of May, 2005.
4. The Government of the Republic of Rwanda by Presidential Order No. 61/01 of 28th day of December, 2004 endorsed the ratification of the Protocol which instrument dated 8th day of May, 2005 was deposited with the Secretariat on the 16th day of May, 2005.
5. The Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) ratified the Nairobi Protocol by instrument No. 130/01481/2005 dated 14th day of June, 2005 and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation deposited it with the Secretariat on the 20th of June 2005.
6. The Government of the Republic of Kenya ratified the Protocol on the 6th day of September, 2005 and deposited the instrument of ratification with the Secretariat on the 11th day of September, 2005.
7. The Government of the Republic of Djibouti ratified the Nairobi Protocol and deposited with the Secretariat the instrument of ratification No. 072/PRE dated 22nd day of June, 2005 on the 23rd September, 2005.
8. The Government of the Republic of Burundi ratified the Nairobi Protocol on the 15th March, 2006 on historic occasion of commemoration of the 6th Anniversary of her signing of the Nairobi Declaration and has deposited instrument of ratification LOI No. 1/09/ DU 15 MARS 2006 signed personally by H.E Pierre Nkurunziza, the President of the Republic of Burundi. The Instrument was deposited with RECSA on 3rd April, 2006.
9. Republic of Sudan - President Omer Hassan Ahmed Elbashir signed and sealed the Instrument of Ratification on 10th October 2007. The Instrument was deposited at the RECSA Secretariat by the Deputy Ambassador of the Republic of Sudan in Kenya.