Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Macedonia. 2005 ‘Article 53.’ Draft Law on Weapons; Section VII (Article 53). Skopje: Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia. 8 February
For transportation of weapon is needed permission from the Minister of Internal affairs.
Transport from paragraph 1 of this article is performed by trading companies that perform activity of trading with weapons and ammunition.
Trading companies from paragraph 2 of this article submits request for issuing permission from paragraph 1 of this article that contains:
- Firm and seat, i.e. personal name and address of the sender, transporter and receiver;
- Firm and seat of the producer of the weapon and ammunition;
- Type, brand, caliber and quantity of weapons and ammunition;
- Direction of moving and place of keeping;
- Type of transportation mean, number of registration plate, personal name of the driver and personal document (ID Card or passport) of the driver;
- Border crossing point where the weapon will be transported; and
- Measures for safeguarding during the transportation.
Minister of Internal affairs, or a person authorized by him, if needed will determine undertaking of special measures for safeguarding during transportation of weapons.
[According to the Republic of Macedonia's 2009 Report on the Implementation of the UN Programme of Action on Small Arms and Light Weapons, these draft provisions were adopted by the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia on 8 February 2005. The Law was amended three times in 2006, 2007, and 2008, and published in the Official Gazette RM 47/2006, 42/2007, and 86/2008]